Raise the Roof for a More Energy-Efficient Home
Believe it or not, your roof has a major impact on your home’s energy efficiency.
A standard or dark roof absorbs heat and, on a hot summer day, can reach temperatures of 150°F or more! Here’s the problem: These hot temperatures seep inside your home, raising your indoor temperature to unacceptable levels. To offset this problem, your air conditioner is forced to work in overdrive, which requires more energy and causes your energy bills to skyrocket.
Mauzy can help put a stop to this heated situation with our roof replacement services. Replacing your roof with energy-efficient roofing tiles can help lower the surface temperature of your roof by up to 50 degrees—which, in turn, decreases the amount of heat that’s transferred into your home. This takes stress off of your air conditioner, saving it from unexpected repairs and breakdowns while also driving down your energy costs.
Stay Cool & Save Money by Upgrading to a Cool Roof
Energy-efficient roofs are often referred to as cool roofs. Cool roofs can be made of highly reflective tiles or shingles, a highly reflective type of paint or a sheet covering. No matter which option you choose, replacing your standard or dark roof with a cool roof will:
- Save you money in several ways, including energy savings, rebates and incentives, HVAC equipment downsizing and extended roof lifetime
- Reduce your energy bills by decreasing your home’s air conditioning needs
- Keep spaces that are not air conditioned cooler, such as garages or covered patios
- Lessen the heat damage your roof will incur, which may extend its lifespan
- … And so much more!
Not only do cool roofs help you reach your energy efficiency goals, they’re also environmentally friendly. Cool roofs can:
- Reduce local air temperatures (sometimes referred to as the urban heat island effect)
- Lower peak electricity demand, which can help prevent power outages
- Reduce power plant emissions, including carbon dioxide, sulfur dioxide, nitrous oxides and mercury, by reducing energy use in homes and buildings
Mauzy Turns All Types of Roofs Into Energy-Efficient Ones!
Thinking of adding solar to your home? Now is the perfect time to take advantage of our roof replacement services. To turn your dream of a more energy-efficient home into a reality, contact the Mauzy team online or by calling 619.313.6344 today!
- 2021 BBB Torch Award for Ethics Winner
- 2021 Favorite Heating & Air Conditioning Company
- 2021 Favorite Solar Power Company
- 2021 Favorite Window & Door Company
- 2021 Favorite Artificial Turf Company
- 2021 Favorite Building Contractor
- 2020 Favorite Heating & Air Conditioning Company
- 2020 Favorite SolarPower Company
- 2020 Favorite Artificial Turf Company
- 2019 BBB Torch Awards Finalist
- 2019 Favorite Heating & Air Conditioning Company
2019 Favorite Solar
- 2019 Favorite Artificial Turf Company
- 2018 Best Heating & Air Conditioning Company
2018 Favorite Solar
- 2018 Favorite Artificial Turf Company
2018 Dave Lennox
Partner of the Year
- 2018 Top Workplaces
- 2015, 2016, 2017 Lennox Circle of Excellence
2017 Best Heating & Air
2017 Best Artificial
2017 Favorite Solar
2017 Favorite Door & Window
- 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 Top Workplaces
Here’s What Others Are Saying About Us
Referrals & Rewards
Do you want to make a few extra dollars? It’s easy! All you have to do is refer Mauzy to a friend or family member. In exchange for spreading the word about us, you’ll receive a special reward. Learn more about our referral program today!